How to get rid of a pot belly when you think you have tried it all? There are great reasons for getting rid of your “pot belly” or also called “beer belly”. Your motivation can be of a purely aesthetic nature or to gain some control back over your health, by reducing the heart disease risk at which your lipid protuberance is putting you. What’s inside of it by the way? What are the best exercises? Is there a miracle diet? So many questions to answer here. Flat Belly Fix may help you.
The World Health Organisation published the survey of “The top ten causes of death”. And guess what? Heart diseases and strokes are ranked nr 1 and 2! The correlation between a pot belly and coronary problems have long been demonstrated, so let’s see how to tackle “Mr Pot Belly”.
Getting your waist back means exercising and changing some habits, for example foodwise where Fat loss cooking will make it a lot easier cooking healthy food.
There are no miraculous solutions on how to get rid of a pot belly, stay away from miracle pills and powders. Doping is not in the scope here. A healthy mix of cardio activities, to burn more fat, and a routine to target these belly muscles, that’s in the topic. Before choosing the perfect set of exercises and enjoying a new diet, let’s have a deeper look at the inside story:
– The organs: the stomach, the intestines, the pancreas, the liver, the gallbladder, the kidneys and the spleen, digestion is their job, feeding the muscles the target. Keeping them in a good condition is helping a lot when it comes to losing weight, they will adapt to any healthy diet.
The abdomen muscles can be split into 4 main groups:
1. Transversus abdominis – the deepest muscle layer, it helps to compress the ribs and digestive organs and provide thoracic and pelvic stability.
2. Rectus abdominis – extends vertically between the ribs and the pubic bone at the front of the pelvis. This is your “six pack” or “washboard” muscle. It is a postural muscle, responsible for flexing the lumbar spine, as when doing a so-called “crunch” sit ups.
3. External oblique muscles – on each side of the rectus abdominis. They allow the trunk to twist.
4. internal oblique muscles – flank the rectus abdominis, found inside the hipbones. They work in the opposite way to the external oblique muscles.
These belly muscles cannot be left alone, around the spine are the Core muscle and the Multifidus which are working together with the transversus abdominis to increase spine stability and they protect you back injuries, if they are not strong enough yet, they will need to be addressed specifically, otherwise exercising might do more damages than good.
Now that we are acquainted with our inner companions, let’s get to the plan.
If you are not doing any fitness activities yet, start now, any sport or activity will do, as long as it will make you sweat! Join a training class of any aerobic, martial arts, hip hop, belly dancing, spinning, zumba, boot camp, etc. all these are helping burning fat. If you prefer outdoor, get out and run!
Abdominal workout: You can opt for a yoga or pilates class, the abdominal and core muscles are smoothly addressed. Or you prefer the traditional crunches and sit ups. Or mix methods, changing the exercises regularly and mixing them adds some spice! If you like working on the machines, go to the gym.
Two magazines are proposing here a good selection of simple crunches and sit ups to do. Men’s health is coming up with a 10 minutes workout to do every day. Perfect for a busy day. It’s about repeating 3 times a routine of 5 exercises done 12 times. The long-arm crunch, The Reverse crunch, The Janda sit-up, The Jacknife and The Extended plank. Easily done everywhere as no equipment is required. It’s nothing revolutionary, but it works. The description how to do each exercise are clear, they even explain why doing this exercise.
Or you can choose the sport stars recipes. GQ listed 6 exercises selected by famous trainers, they are also well described using videos. Next to crunches and sit ups there are side bends and squats which can be done with basic equipment.
If this is all new ground, have your fitness level checked by a fitness trainer and get a properly adapted exercise plan, the professional will help you getting the movements right.
With your plan in the hand and discipline results will be there in no time. The plan is adapted based on the progresses achieved. Don’t get overexcited and make more than your plan is telling you to do, avoid monster muscle soreness. And this will kill your motivation.
What’s about your food and drinks? Exercising is good, but might not be enough. Maybe you need only small adjustments. Write down what you are eating during a week and compare your daily food intake with for example the WHO basic healthy diet. Is everything in check? Reducing alcohol can be key to loosing this belly faster.
If you tried sport and healthy food already and still staring at your pot belly, you clearly lacked of stamina! Boost your motivation, no motivation, no stamina. Keep your mojo running and be successful. Everything is in the head:
– Your new physical activity is your new hobby, hobbies are fun activities to do!
– Sign a contract about losing your pot belly. Moral obligation can help.
– Do it for yourself just for you, you are the star, don’t do this for anybody else.
– Take pictures and measure your waist regularly, write down your results and your daily activities done. Seeing your progresses will keep you going.
– Set reachable goals, overdoing it can lead to frustration. Milestones are helpful if your goal will take more than a month to reach. Reaching milestones boosts the motivation.
– Do one thing at a time. Cumulating challenges increases the risk of failure. i.e. quit smoking another time, tackle issues separately.
– Don’t get advices from you friends, they might be right, might be wrong. For the sake of your abs, get advices from professionals, a physician for health issues, a fitness trainer for a routine and a nutritionist for diets.
After all this exercising and be discipline, your pot belly is gone, yes, well done, you did it! Continue your routine with some adaptation, to keep in shape. Your new hobby is here to last. This was this year’s best decision and will never regret it. In a few years you will look again at these pictures of you with your lipid friend and smile at him!
Goodbye Mr Pot Belly!
Admin @ olympus-fitness.com